FOR WINE AERATION:
Winemakers everywhere are discovering that Mazzei injectors are highly efficient, low-cost devices for energizing fermentation by aerating wine.
During the macro aeration process, wine is pumped through a Mazzei injector that draws in and uniformly distributes air into the juice, oxygenating the wine. Trouble-free with no moving parts, Mazzei wine pump-over injectors are simple to use, easy to clean and self-priming, and they can run dry without problems. Mazzei injectors deliver superior mixing and contacting because of their patented technology, meticulous engineering and high-quality manufacturing.
Wine Pump-over for Macro Aeration (Video Courtesy of Scott Laboratories)
BENEFITS OF MAZZEI WINE PUMP-OVER AERATION:
- Enhances color and character of the wine
- Supports yeast development and viability
- Reduces sulfide production
- Purges excess carbon dioxide from the top of the tank
- Can be used during racking or mixing
- Installed at top of fermentation tank or at pump discharge
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Can introduce fining agents and other wine additives at the suction port of the injector
- Easily coupled with metering valve to control the rate at which liquids are drawn
- Additions can be made from the cellar floor―no hauling buckets to the top of the tank
AVAILABLE MATERIALS FOR WINE PUMP-OVER INJECTORS:
Machined Stainless Steel:
Mazzei uses 316L stainless steel for its 316LSS wine pump-over injector models. 316L stainless is highly corrosion resistant and has a low carbon content, which eliminates carbon precipitation in the welding process.
Cast Stainless Steel:
Venturi injectors made of CF3M cast stainless steel are complementary products to our injectors made of 316LSS, a machined product. The cast stainless steel injector is a low-cost equivalent that still offers vintners all of the high performance and quality they expect in a Mazzei product. With tri-clamp fittings at all openings, cast 2081 and 3090 injectors can be installed and maintained easily. The cast stainless steel material resists corrosion and is easy to clean.
Natural Polyvinylidene Fluoride (Natural PVDF) :
Mazzei also manufactures a complete line of natural PVDF venturi injectors for the wine pump-over market in various sizes and corresponding suction capabilities.
Performance Data & Drawings
Find performance data and/or drawings on many Mazzei products including our venturi injectors.
Looking for info about Mazzei products for the wine market?
Take a look at articles, technical papers, case studies and brochures, plus find videos and animations.