Aquariums & Aquaculture
Aquariums & Aquatics
Our company manufactures an extensive line of patented high-efficiency Mazzei venturi injectors, Mass Transfer Multiplier™ (MTM) mixing nozzles, degas separators, and Flash Reactors™. Our GDT™ ozone sidestream injection and degasification skids combine these products in a turnkey system for use in commercial aquariums and for aquatic life support.
These GDT skids offer high ozone transfer efficiency with effective ozone off-gas removal in a small footprint. Our technical staff can assist with ozone life support applications for disease control and with oxygen usage in both fresh and saltwater exhibits.
Here’s why Mazzei is a world leader in aquatic life support systems:
- We develop proven technology for aquatics;
- Our ozone application specialists have extensive experience in ozone system design;
- Our products offer efficient dissolution of oxygen for life support with high-density populations;
- Mazzei venturi injectors, Flash Reactors and the GDT process are considered the industry standard for ozone life support systems;
- We maintain a large inventory to ensure we can rapidly meet your injection requirement.
The dissolution of oxygen and ozone is required in aquaculture systems to maximize production and minimize environmental risks. A sufficient amount of dissolved oxygen is necessary to create habitable environments throughout the entire fish farming process, while ozone is commonly used to improve water quality and reduce pathogen levels to ensure proper fish health. In addition, ozone is a highly effective disinfectant and can be used during various phases of the process. Over the years, Mazzei systems have proven to be a reliable, effective, and efficient method to transfer gases into solution, and with Mazzei venturi injectors and mixing nozzles, there is almost zero required maintenance.
Here are some of the stages where Mazzei can assist you in your aquaculture project:
- Oxygen injection on wellboats during the transportation of fish and smolt;
- Ozone injection for tank and equipment disinfection onboard fishing, processing, and transport vessels;
- Oxygen injection for land based recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS);
- Ozone injection for pathogen inactivation and oxidation of organics in intake/recirculating water for land based RAS.
Whether it is ozone, pure oxygen, or ambient air, Mazzei has the technology to safely and rapidly transfer gas into solution. To ensure that Mazzei systems are able to deliver maximum performance, Mazzei uses computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling to predict and improve the mixing and transfer of gas into your system. Contact Mazzei and let one of our sales engineers help find the solution to your aquaculture challenge.
Performance Data & Drawings
Find performance data and/or drawings on many Mazzei products including our venturi injectors.
Answers to your questions… specifications, installation tips, and technical bulletins to assist you with your aquarium/aquatic project, plus Mazzei documentation.
Looking for more info on Mazzei products for the aquarium and aquatics market?
Take a look at articles, technical papers, case studies and brochures, plus find videos and animations.