The Mazzei GDT process starts with the creation of ozone from an ozone generator. The ozone is then drawn into a Mazzei venturi injector, which provides dynamic mixing. A back pressure control valve adjusts injector outlet pressure optimizing ozone mass transfer in the system. Mixing and contacting are then enhanced in a Mazzei Flash Reactor™. From there, the two-phase flow travels to a degas separator and degas relief valve for additional mixing and entrained gas removal. Finally, Mazzei Mass Transfer Multiplier™ (MTM) mixing nozzles force dissolved ozone flow into untreated water in a pipeline or basin for thorough mixing.
No other system transfers ozone into solution faster than Mazzei’s patented GDT contacting process.
TAKE A LOOK BELOW AT HOW GDT MIXING AND CONTACTING TECHNOLOGY WORKS. To view in Spanish, Click Here.
BENEFITS OF MAZZEI GDT MIXING & CONTACTING SYSTEMS:
- Higher ozone concentration promotes more ozone transfer into solution
- Lower gas-to-liquid Ratio (Vg/Vl) enhances ozone mass transfer efficiency
- Higher water pressure increases ozone solubility
- Intense, forceful mixing allows for the rapid renewal of the gas-liquid interface, increasing the mass transfer rate and the reaction rate
SUCCESSFUL OZONE CONTACTING IS BEST ACHIEVED BY:
- Raising the ozone concentration while lowering the gas-to-liquid ratio
- Operating under the highest water pressure available
- Including the most aggressive mixing components
- Using an integrated system with intelligent design—components of the GDT work best together, optimizing performance
Steps in Designing an Ozone System:
- Provide our application engineer with your water analysis: COD, BOD, coliform count, heterotrophic plate count, metals, color, pH, temperature and total suspended solids (TSS)
- State your effluent goals (for example: desired coliform count < 300 mpn, or to reduce COD 75%)
- Ozone dosage and ozone system costs are determined
- Custom ozone disinfection system design is finalized
To aid in system design, check out OZONE RESEARCH and then CONTACT A MAZZEI ENGINEER to start the process.