OZONE FOR A BETTER POOL, SPA & WATERSCAPE EXPERIENCE
Using ozone to reduce the amount of chemicals used in a pool, spa or waterscape is a proven technology that designers and builders utilize to give their customers a more enjoyable experience. The use of ozone reduces the need for high chemical doses, helps destroy bacteria, viruses, algae and yeasts and oxidizes other contaminants which reduces odor and prolongs the life of equipment.
The technology that is used to put ozone into the water is very important, because ozone that is not dissolved in the water and escapes as a gas into the air is wasted. Mazzei offers an efficient and effective system for transferring ozone into your water. The Mazzei components work together to optimize performance by raising the ozone concentration while lowering the gas-to-liquid ratio. The system is comprised of a Mazzei venturi injector which pulls the ozone gas into the water thoroughly exposing the ozone to the water. The addition of a Mazzei Flash Reactor or LGM renews the interface of the ozone with the water through aggressive mixing, and then the Mazzei MTM mixing nozzle or nozzle wall fitting re-shears the gas bubbles to once again renew the gas-liquid interface. Using the Mazzei system results in maximum dissolution of ozone in the water. And that is very important because ozone in the water not only destroys microorganisms, it also breaks down harmful chemicals and causes total dissolved solids to clump together for easier removal by the filter. The result is clean water that is more enjoyable.
Watch Better Way to Ozonize a Pool – Venturi Injection (Courtesy of TechnicalPoolRepairs)—the pool pump works better and quieter and there is no air buildup in the filter. Venturi injection puts ozone back into the pool rather than the filter… right where the ozone needs to be.
Learn more about using ozone in spas in the September 2017 Aqua Magazine article, “Ozone Mixing Key to Disinfection.”
Benefits of Mazzei Technology
- Ozone Concentration – Concentration and solubility are directly proportional so that higher ozone concentrations promote the transfer of more ozone into solution.
- Gas-to-Liquid Ratio – A lower gas to liquid ratio (Vg/Vl) allows for greater ozone mass transfer efficiency.
- Water Pressure – Higher pressure yields increases in ozone solubility.
- Water Temperature – Higher temperature reduces solubility, but increases the chemical reaction rate.
- Mixing – Intense, forceful mixing allows for the rapid renewal of the gas-liquid interface, increasing the mass transfer rate and the reaction rate.