THE GDT™ OZONATION PROCESS… EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE MIXING & CONTACTING
The GDT™ Process starts with the creation of ozone from an Ozone Generator. The ozone is then drawn into a Mazzei® venturi injector2 which provides dynamic mixing (a back pressure control valve3 adjusts injector outlet pressure optimizing ozone mass transfer in the system). Then mixing and contacting is enhanced in a flash reactor™4. From there the two-phase flow travels to the degas separator (DS) & degas relief valve5 for additional mixing and entrained gas removal. And finally, the MTM mixing nozzles6 force dissolved ozone flow into the untreated water in the pipeline or basin for thorough mixing.
No other system transfers ozone into solution faster than
Mazzei’s patented GDT Contacting Process.
BENEFITS OF MAZZEI GDT MIXING & CONTACTING SYSTEMS:
- Higher Ozone Concentration promotes more ozone being transferred into solution
- Lower Gas-to-Liquid Ratio (Vg/Vl) allows for greater ozone mass transfer efficiency
- Higher Water Pressure yields increased ozone solubility
- Intense, Forceful Mixing allows for the rapid renewal of the gas-liquid interface—increasing the mass transfer rate and the reaction rate
SUCCESSFUL OZONE CONTACTING IS BEST ACHIEVED BY:
- Raising the ozone concentration while lowering the gas-to-liquid ratio
- Operating under the highest water pressure available
- Including the most aggressive mixing components
- Using an integrated system, with intelligent design—components of the GDT work best together… optimizing performance
GDT CONTACTING SYSTEMS
Steps in Designing an Ozone System:
1. Provide our application engineer with your water analysis: COD, BOD, coliform count, heterotropic plate count, metals, color, pH, temperature, suspended solids.
2. State your effluent goals (for example: desired coliform count < 300 mpn, or to reduce COD 75%).
3. Ozone dosage and ozone system costs are determined.
4. Custom ozone disinfection system design is finalized.