Mazzei® Venturi Injectors
Mazzei Venturi Injectors are differential pressure injectors with internal mixing vanes. Superiority of Mazzei Injectors is due to the unique, patented design which maximizes injector efficiency, suction capacity and mixing capabilities. The operating costs of Mazzei Injectors are lower than less efficient systems, and Mazzei Injectors are trouble-free because they have no moving parts.
How a Mazzei® Venturi Injector Works
When pressurized water enters the injector inlet, it is constricted toward the injection chamber and changes into a high-velocity jet stream. The increase in velocity through the injection chamber results in a decrease in absolute pressure, creating a vacuum, thereby enabling an additive material to be drawn through the suction port and entrained into the water stream. As the jet stream is diffused toward the injector outlet, its velocity is reduced and it is reconverted into lower pressure energy. Click here to view an injector at work.
Mazzei Venturi Injectors operate over a wide range of pressures and require only a minimal pressure differential between the inlet and outlet sides to initiate a vacuum at the suction port. The injectors’ internal mixing vanes create thousands of micro bubbles which greatly increases the surface area of gas (oxygen, ozone, etc.) in contact with the liquid (several micro bubbles have a greater surface area than one large bubble of the same volume).
Click to see Injector Performance Tables in US and metric. The performance tables are divided in two sections: liquid suction and gas suction.
- Proven performance with years of expected service
- No electrical connections needed
- Can run dry with no problems
- Considerable cost savings versus other injection methods
- Safe to use as the chemicals are injected under vacuum, not pressure
- Injectors are available in stainless steel, Polypropylene, natural PVDF or ECTFE
- Highly resistant to most acids and alkalis
- Versatile and cost effective
- High tensile strength
- Light weight and rigid
Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF):
- PVDF is an advanced thermoplastic that is superior to other types including PVC, Polypropylene, & Polyethylene
- Higher pressure and temperature handling capabilities
- Resistant to ozone
- Resistant to Chlorine, Sulfuric and Nitric Acids
- Better abrasion and wear resistance
- Sunlight (UV) resistant
Ethylene Chlorotrifluoroethylene (ECTFE):
- High purity
- Flame resistant
- Impact resistant
- Excellent weatherability
- Low permeability
Potable water and the food and beverage industries use stainless steel injectors. They ensure absolute performance, longer life and compliance with FDA and international standards for food processing.