USING OZONE FOR A BETTER POOL, SPA & WATERSCAPE EXPERIENCE
Ozone has been used for over 65 years to purify water in pools, spas and waterscapes. It purifies water quickly and efficiently—3,000 times faster than chlorine—leaving no by-products except pure oxygen. The result is crystal clear water that feels softer to the skin. In contrast, chlorine leaves a chemical by-product, hypochloric acid, and additional salts in water applications.
Using ozone to reduce the amount of chemicals is a proven technology that designers and builders use to give their customers a more enjoyable experience. The use of ozone reduces the need for high chemical doses, helps destroy bacteria, viruses, algae and yeasts and oxidizes other contaminants which reduces odor and prolongs the life of equipment.
Mazzei offers an efficient and effective system for transferring ozone into your water. The Mazzei components work together to optimize performance by raising the ozone concentration while lowering the gas-to-liquid ratio. The system is comprised of a Mazzei venturi injector which pulls the ozone gas into the water thoroughly exposing the ozone to the water. The addition of a Mazzei Flash Reactor or LGM renews the interface of the ozone with the water through aggressive mixing, and then the Mazzei MTM mixing nozzle or nozzle wall fitting re-shears the gas bubbles to once again renew the gas-liquid interface resulting in maximum dissolution of ozone in the water. The ozone not only destroys microorganisms, it also breaks down harmful chemicals and causes total dissolved solids to clump together for easier removal by the filter. The result is clean water that is more enjoyable for you.
Benefits of Mazzei Technology
- Ozone Concentration – Concentration and solubility are directly proportional so that higher ozone concentrations promote the transfer of more ozone into solution.
- Gas-to-Liquid Ratio – A lower gas to liquid ratio (Vg/Vl) allows for greater ozone mass transfer efficiency.
- Water Pressure – Higher pressure yields increases in ozone solubility.
- Water Temperature – Higher temperature reduces solubility, but increases the chemical reaction rate.
- Mixing – Intense, forceful mixing allows for the rapid renewal of the gas-liquid interface, increasing the mass transfer rate and the reaction rate.
LITERATURE ON POOL, SPA & WATERSCAPE SOLUTIONS