Mazzei Ozone Contacting Systems Solve Water Quality Issues
Water quality issues plague most municipal water agencies. The issues range from disinfection to purification to aesthetics, but no problem impacts a system more than water that tastes or smells bad. Public complaints can be vocal and have far-reaching effects. There is a good solution: The Mazzei GDT™ ozone contacting system.
Ozone (O3) is a naturally occurring compound in the form of a gas that is a powerful oxidizer and strong disinfectant. For more than 30 years the bottled water industry has been using ozone to effectively treat its water. The treatment ensures a quality product that customers pay a premium for. Treating water with ozone creates a product that tastes good and is aesthetically pleasing — it is safe, good-tasting water with fewer chemicals.
BENEFITS OF MAZZEI GDT OZONE CONTACTING SYSTEMS:
- Ozone Concentration – Concentration and solubility are directly proportional — higher ozone concentrations promote the transfer of more ozone into solution
- Gas-to-Liquid Ratio – A lower gas-to-liquid ratio (Vg/Vl) allows for greater ozone mass transfer efficiency
- Water Pressure – Higher pressure yields increased ozone solubility
- Water Temperature – Higher temperature reduces solubility and increases the chemical reaction rate
- Mixing – Intense, forceful mixing allows for the rapid renewal of the gas-liquid interface — increasing the mass transfer rate and the reaction rate
SUCCESSFUL OZONE CONTACTING IS BEST ACHIEVED BY:
- Raising the ozone concentration while lowering the gas-to-liquid ratio
- Operating under the highest water pressure available
- Including the most aggressive mixing components
- Using an integrated system, with intelligent design – Mazzei System components work best together to optimize performance
Check out a few of our CASE STUDIES