AirJection Irrigation: Better Crop Yields
Most growers know our chemical injector or fertilizer injector product as the industry leader for chemigation and fertigation systems. Now Mazzei offers the best system to put air (oxygen and nitrogen) to the root zone. Plant roots need air to breathe — without it, soil can become anaerobic, inhibiting plant growth and yield. Mazzei AirJection® irrigation technology improves crop yields, water use efficiency and fertilizer inputs by getting just the right amount of air into the root zone.
It uses patented, high-efficiency Venturi AirJectors™ that are simple to install and maintain in subsurface irrigation systems. When added to the drip line, the AirJector incorporates atmospheric air into the irrigation water. This optimally blends air and water so the right mixture is delivered to the root zone. Commercial on-farm use shows that yields have been increased from 13% to 35% due to improved plant and soil conditions.
CLICK to view a Case Study on how Mazzei AirJection
technology improves water use efficiency which was
published in Achieving a Sustainable California Water
Future Through Innovations in Science and Technology
(California Council on Science and Technology April 2014).
To obtain a copy of the full publication, contact Mazzei.
Benefits of AirJection Irrigation
- Increases crop yield, root mass, sugar content, germination and fruit density
- Allows earlier season harvest and improves late season production
- Increased root mass results in greater nutrient uptake and reduced fertilizer application rates
- Increased microbial activity in the soil improves growing environment
- Improves water use efficiency
- Ideal for all soil types, including high salt soil
- Increases plant’s salinity tolerance
- Superior construction for years of trouble-free operation
Injector models are designed for various water flows. Based on your system parameters, our engineers can assist with injector selection and AirJection system design. Please be sure your current system meets the requirements below.
- Subsurface drip irrigation
- Water flow must be 1 GPM – 8 GPM per drip line (3.8 LPM – 30.3 LPM)
- Terrain must be level to moderately sloped