AIRJECTION IRRIGATION: BETTER CROP YIELDS
Most growers know our Venturi Injectors as the industry leader for chemigation and fertigation systems. Mazzei also offers the best system to put air (oxygen and nitrogen) directly to the root zone. Plant roots need air to breathe — without it, soil can become anaerobic, inhibiting plant growth and yield. Mazzei AirJection® Irrigation technology improves crop yields, water use efficiency and fertilizer inputs by getting just the right amount of air into the root zone.
It uses patented, high-efficiency Venturi AirJectors™ that are simple to install and maintain in subsurface irrigation systems. When added to the drip line, these Venturi injectors incorporate atmospheric air into the irrigation water optimally blending air and water so the right mixture is delivered to the root zone. Commercial on-farm use showed yields increased from 13% to 35% due to improved plant and soil conditions.
CLICK to view a Case Study on how Mazzei AirJection technology improves water use efficiency which was published in Achieving a Sustainable California Water Future Through Innovations in Science and Technology (California Council on Science and Technology April 2014). To obtain a copy of the full publication, contact Mazzei.
BENEFITS OF AIRJECTION IRRIGATION
- Increases crop yield, root mass, sugar content, germination and fruit density
- Allows earlier season harvest and improves late season production
- Increases root mass results in greater nutrient uptake and reduced fertilizer application rates
- Increases microbial activity in the soil which improves growing environment
- Improves water use efficiency
- Ideal for all soil types, including high salt soil
- Increases plant’s salinity tolerance
- Injectors are of superior construction resulting in years of trouble-free operation
Injector models are designed for various water flows. Based on your system parameters, our engineers can assist with injector selection and AirJection system design — contact us today.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ● Subsurface drip irrigation ● Water flow must be 1 GPM – 8 GPM per drip line (3.8 LPM - 30.3 LPM) ● Terrain must be level to moderately sloped