OZONATION OF WATER
Mazzei Ozone Contacting Systems Solve Water Quality Issues
Water quality issues plague most municipal water agencies. The issues range from disinfection to purification to aesthetics, but no problem impacts a system more than drinking water that tastes or smells bad. Public complaints can be vocal and have far-reaching effects. There is a good solution: The Mazzei GDT™ ozone contacting system.
Ozone (O3) is a naturally occurring compound in the form of a gas that is a powerful oxidizer and strong disinfectant. For more than 30 years the bottled water industry has been using ozone to effectively treat its water. The treatment ensures a quality product that customers pay a premium for. Treating drinking water with ozone creates a product that tastes good and is aesthetically pleasing — it is safe, good-tasting water with fewer chemicals.
Let us help you design an ozonation system that meets all your needs — CONTACT A MAZZEI SALES ENGINEER to get the process started.
BENEFITS OF MAZZEI GDT OZONE CONTACTING SYSTEMS:
- Ozone Concentration – Concentration and solubility are directly proportional — higher ozone concentrations promote the transfer of more ozone into solution
- Gas-to-Liquid Ratio – A lower gas-to-liquid ratio (Vg/Vl) allows for greater ozone mass transfer efficiency
- Water Pressure – Higher pressure yields increased ozone solubility
- Water Temperature – Higher temperature reduces solubility and increases the chemical reaction rate
- Mixing – Intense, forceful mixing allows for the rapid renewal of the gas-liquid interface — increasing the mass transfer rate and the reaction rate
SUCCESSFUL OZONATION IS BEST ACHIEVED BY:
- Raising the ozone concentration while lowering the gas-to-liquid ratio
- Operating under the highest water pressure available
- Including the most aggressive mixing components
- Using an integrated system, with intelligent design – Mazzei System components work best together to optimize performance